Most Active Stories
- No Laptops, No Wi-Fi: How One Cafe Fired Up Sales
- Anadarko’s $5 Billion Environmental Settlement: Four Things Okies Should Know
- State House Votes To Deny Cities Wage Setting Power
- City Of Norman Awaiting Permit To Sell Reclaimed Water So Frackers Don’t Have To Use Drinking Water
- “Our People, Our Land, Our Images” Features The Perspectives Of Indigenous Photographers
Glen Weldon is a contributor to NPR's pop culture blog Monkey See, where he posts weekly about comics and comics culture. He also reviews books and movies for NPR.org and is a regular panelist on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast.
Over the course of his career, he has spent time as a theater critic, a science writer, an oral historian, a writing teacher, a bookstore clerk, a PR flack, a seriously terrible marine biologist and a slightly better-than-average competitive swimmer.
Weldon is the author of Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, a cultural history of the iconic character. His fiction and criticism have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Republic, The Atlantic, Slate, Story, McSweeney's, The Dallas Morning News, Washington City Paper and many other publications. He is the recipient of an NEA Arts Journalism Fellowship, a Ragdale Writing Fellowship and a PEW Fellowship in the Arts for Fiction.