Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Glen Weldon is a regular panelist on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast. He also reviews books and movies for NPR.org and is a contributor to NPR's pop culture blog Monkey See, where he posts weekly about comics and comics culture.
Over the course of his career, he has spent time as a theater critic, a science writer, an oral historian, a writing teacher, a bookstore clerk, a PR flack, a seriously terrible marine biologist and a slightly better-than-average competitive swimmer.
Weldon is the author of Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, a cultural history of the iconic character. His fiction and criticism have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Republic, The Atlantic, Slate, Story, McSweeney's, The Dallas Morning News, Washington City Paper and many other publications. He is the recipient of an NEA Arts Journalism Fellowship, a Ragdale Writing Fellowship and a PEW Fellowship in the Arts for Fiction.