Most Active Stories
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- Top Business Stories: Bone Museum Expansion, De-Annexing In Shawnee, And Von Maur Arrival
- Norman Residents Hear About Possibilities Of Banning Fracking At Public Forum
- Norman City Council Approves Zoning Change At Proposed Wal-Mart Site
- Oklahoma's 'No Child Left Behind' Waiver In Doubt After Rejecting Common Core
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.