Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Professor Argues In Favor Of Hobby Lobby's Supreme Court Case
- The 'Other' Parker Rice: How The OU Scandal Trapped A Student With The Same Name
- Challenge To Ten Commandments Monument Dismissed In Federal Court
- Students Air Issues Of Race, Diversity At University Of Oklahoma Forum
- Before SAE, Ferguson Inspires University Of Oklahoma Minority Rights Group
Kevin Whitehead is the jazz critic for NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Whitehead's articles on jazz and improvised music have appeared in such publications as Point of Departure, the Chicago Sun-Times, Village Voice, Down Beat, and the Dutch daily de Volkskrant.
He is the author of Why Jazz: A Concise Guide (2010), New Dutch Swing (1998), and (with photographer Ton Mijs) Instant Composers Pool Orchestra: You Have to See It (2011).
His essays have appeared in numerous anthologies including Da Capo Best Music Writing 2006, Discover Jazz and Traveling the Spaceways: Sun Ra, the Astro-Black and Other Solar Myths.
Whitehead has taught at Towson University, the University of Kansas and Goucher College. He lives near Baltimore.