Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Laura came home to KGOU after a career in radio news at several commercial stations in Oklahoma City. As a Journalism student at OU, she received her early radio experience at KGOU. After graduating, she began her career at KNOR in Norman as a news reporter and anchor. Laura served as morning co-anchor at WKY in the mid-1980's, then worked at KTOK as morning news producer and general assignment reporter. In 2003 she joined the news department at KOMA.
Laura has won several awards for news writing from the Associated Press, Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the Oklahoma Education Association. She has previously served on the board of the Society of Professional Journalists, Oklahoma Pro Chapter.
A Norman native and graduate of Moore High School, Laura earned her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from the University of Oklahoma in 1983.