Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From Monday's Tornado
- UPDATE: Death Toll Lower Than Feared, 24 Confirmed
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning Issued For Lincoln, Pottawatomie Counties
- VIDEO: University of Oklahoma Storm Chaser Captures Texas Twister
- How To Find Yourself While Traveling The World: A Personal Essay
Assignment: Radio is KGOU's student-produced public affairs program focusing on issues and events on the University of Oklahoma campus.
Each semester since Fall 2004, the staff of KGOU has helped a small group of University of Oklahoma students produce programs on topics ranging from OU's connection with Iraq to the university's alcoholic beverage policy to an entire show taking a behind-the-scenes look at OU football game day.
Student producers typically meet in a class once a week to critique previous shows, discuss their upcoming stories and brainstorm future program topics. Their work is graded, and they earn class credits for their participation with the show.