Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Boren: Racist Chant Learned On National Leadership Cruise, High School Students On Bus
- Fallin Declares State Of Emergency For 25 Counties After Oklahoma Tornadoes
- Girls Rock, Ladies Wrestle, Plus Mary Chapin Carpenter, Aoife Donovan
- Former SAE Member Apologizes For Racist Chant
- Tennis Ball-Sized Hail, Wildfires Possible As Cold Front Arrives In Oklahoma
A regular panelist on World Views and the primary substitute host, Rebecca Cruise specializes in security studies and comparative politics focusing on issues of security community development, international organizations, post-conflict resolution, political participation and gender. Though taking an international perspective in much of her work, her regional focus tends toward Southeastern and Central Europe.
She has published a number of articles, including pieces in International Politics, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and the Croatian International Relations Review. Dr. Cruise also co-wrote a book exploring international maritime security policy. Currently, she is working on the manuscript for her forthcoming book entitled, Eastern Efficacy: Female Political Participation in Post-Communist Europe. Beyond her research interests, Dr. Cruise has developed and taught a number of courses for the University of Oklahoma including Global Security, Comparative National Security, Women in International Security and International Activism.
After receiving a BA from the University of Portland, Dr. Cruise earned her Ph.D. from the OU Department of Political Science in 2011.