Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
Wed October 30, 2013
Aerospace And Aviation Organizations Receive Grant Money
The Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission has awarded $57,500 to several organizations in the Oklahoma City metro area that teach youth about aerospace and aviation.
Aerospace America was awarded $25,000 to help support the Star Spangled Salute Air Show scheduled in June at Tinker Air Force Base and the Charles B. Hall Chapter of the Tuskegee Airmen located in Oklahoma City was awarded $5,000 for their summer aerospace camp.
The KISS Institute for Practical Robotics in Norman was awarded $12,500 for its Botball Education Robotics Program; the Oklahoma Foundation of Excellence was awarded $5,000 for the Aerospace Education and Industry Partnership Day; and Rose State College in Midwest City will receive $10,000 for its Aerospace Flight Camp.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.