Most Active Stories
- Capt. Randy Harrison Found Guilty
- High Methane Emissions In Oklahoma, Neighbors Linked To Oil And Gas
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
School and Colleges
Mon September 9, 2013
Chamber Hears State Of Education In Oklahoma
School has started across the state, both in K–12 classrooms, career-techs, and colleges and universities. On this episode, we hear from the leader of Oklahoma’s Higher Education system and the president of the school board for the state’s largest public school district.
State Higher Education Chancellor Glen Johnson provides his view of Oklahoma’s colleges while Oklahoma City School Board chair Lynne Hardin talks about public schools to members of the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce during its annual State of the Schools event.
Chamber Vice Chair of Education and Workforce Development Teresa Rose wraps up the presentation with the chamber’s education focus for the school year.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.