Most Active Stories
- 1,400 Confirmed Dead In Nepal After Powerful Earthquake
- Spiked Cabbage And Blown Glass Among Attractions At Annual Oklahoma City Festival
- Landis: Saudi Arabia's New King Has Helped Put Syria's Assad On The Ropes
- Supreme Court To Hear Oklahoma Execution Protocol: Here's What You Need To Know
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
School and Colleges
Mon September 9, 2013
Chamber Hears State Of Education In Oklahoma
School has started across the state, both in K–12 classrooms, career-techs, and colleges and universities. On this episode, we hear from the leader of Oklahoma’s Higher Education system and the president of the school board for the state’s largest public school district.
State Higher Education Chancellor Glen Johnson provides his view of Oklahoma’s colleges while Oklahoma City School Board chair Lynne Hardin talks about public schools to members of the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce during its annual State of the Schools event.
Chamber Vice Chair of Education and Workforce Development Teresa Rose wraps up the presentation with the chamber’s education focus for the school year.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.