Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
School and Colleges
Mon September 9, 2013
Chamber Hears State Of Education In Oklahoma
School has started across the state, both in K–12 classrooms, career-techs, and colleges and universities. On this episode, we hear from the leader of Oklahoma’s Higher Education system and the president of the school board for the state’s largest public school district.
State Higher Education Chancellor Glen Johnson provides his view of Oklahoma’s colleges while Oklahoma City School Board chair Lynne Hardin talks about public schools to members of the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce during its annual State of the Schools event.
Chamber Vice Chair of Education and Workforce Development Teresa Rose wraps up the presentation with the chamber’s education focus for the school year.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.