Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Would Ensure Public Access
Mon December 9, 2013
Closed Recreation Areas To Be Leased Out
Mullin told the Muskogee Phoenix that leasing the areas would ensure public access. He said the Corps plans a meeting in mid-January to announce the procedures to submit proposals to lease the areas.
The closure of the recreation areas was a topic in August during several town hall meetings sponsored by Mullin, a Republican from Westville.
Corps officials announced in November that six closed campgrounds would be reopened. The six are Afton Landing and Tullahassee Loop in Wagoner County; Brewers Bend and Spaniard Creek in Muskogee County; and Applegate Cove and Short Mountain Cove in Sequoyah County.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.