Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
St. Gregory's University And OBU
Tue December 3, 2013
Collegiate Swimming And Diving Offered In Shawnee
Some could say there is something in the water in Shawnee.
The town of 30,000 about 45 minutes outside of Oklahoma City will soon be home to the only two colleges in the entire state offering varsity collegiate swimming and diving.
Starting next school year, St. Gregory's University will offer men's and women's swimming and diving to their list of athletics programs. The Catholic school will join cross-town rival Oklahoma Baptist University in being the only colleges in Oklahomato offer varsity collegiate swimming and diving. OBU added the program in the 2011-2012 school year.
St. Gregory's University athletic director Jeff Potter says he hopes the university can recruit students to the small liberal arts college it may not otherwise have been able to.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.