Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Mon January 27, 2014
Congressman Lucas Draws Republican Primary Challenger
A Canadian County rancher and business owner says he will challenge 10-term U.S. Rep. Frank Lucas for the Republican nomination in Oklahoma's 3rd Congressional District.
Robert Hubbard told The Associated Press on Monday: "We need to make some changes."
The 69-year-old Republican will formally announce his candidacy Monday afternoon at the Oklahoma History Center.
Hubbard received less than 4 percent of the vote in a four-way GOP primary race for governor in 2010 that included Mary Fallin and Randy Brogdon, but said his candidacy helped increase his name recognition. He's since been elected chairman of the Canadian County Republican Party.
Oklahoma's 3rd Congressional District covers all of western Oklahoma, stretching from the Oklahoma Panhandle and southwestern corner of the state to the northern fringes of Oklahoma City in central Oklahoma.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Affordable Care Act
2013 Farm Bill