Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Fri May 10, 2013
Criminal Probe Launched In Texas Fertilizer Plant Blast
Originally published on Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am
Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw directed the Texas Rangers to join McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara in the investigation.
Meanwhile, Reuters is reporting that the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confirmed Friday that an individual from West has been arrested for possession of an explosive device. But, the wire service says, "it remained unclear whether there was a connection to last month's explosion at a fertilizer plant in the town."
The local KXAN-TV is saying that "a former emergency volunteer in West was arrested in McLennan County Friday morning on a charge of possessing a destructive device, but authorities would not say if it was related to the deadly April 17 explosion." The Dallas Morning News says he will be appearing in court later today.