Most Active Stories
- One Dead After Oklahoma Flooding, Tornadoes; Fallin Declares State Of Emergency
- Norman Man Faces Charges For Teaching People How To Beat A Lie Detector
- What Oklahoma Farmers Think About The Right-To-Farm Issue In Oklahoma
- House Introduces Resolution Directing University Of Oklahoma To Return Controversial Painting
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
Fri April 11, 2014
Day 3: Lankford Expected To Sign Up On Last Candidate Filing Day
Two-term Republican U.S. Rep. James Lankford of Edmond is among the candidates expected to file for political office on the final day of filing.
He's expected to file for the U.S. Senate on Friday at the state Capitol in Oklahoma City ahead of Friday's 5 p.m. deadline.
Lankford is among a half-dozen Republicans seeking the final two years of the Senate term being vacated by Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Muskogee.
Other GOP contenders for Coburn's seat who filed on Thursday include former Oklahoma House Speaker T.W. Shannon of Lawton and former state Sen. Randy Brogdon of Owasso.
A total of 490 candidates have filed for more than 300 elective offices up for grabs in 2014, including both of the state's U.S. Senate seats and all five U.S. House seats.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Politics and Government
Patrice Douglas Announced Candidacy In January