Most Active Stories
- Second Baby Elephant Born At Oklahoma City Zoo
- Charles Kimball On Violence And The Need For Religious Pluralism
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- Board Of Education Suspends Charter School’s Funding
- Oklahoma City Residents Question Lake Hefner Drilling Plan At Contentious Public Meeting
Tue March 5, 2013
Don't Discriminate Against Bus Riders: OKC Transit Town Hall
The Oklahoma City metro is used to receiving top rankings in a number of areas, including unemployment, business climate and affordable housing, but there are other areas where the community falls short.
One of those is public transit. Of the top 50 cities in the nation, Oklahoma City is dead last in the quality and sustainability of public transportation.
Last week, nearly 500 people gathered at one in a promised series of town hall meetings from the Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transit on the topic.