Most Active Stories
- 1,400 Confirmed Dead In Nepal After Powerful Earthquake
- That April Morning: The Oklahoma City Bombing
- State, Nation Pause To Remember 168 Victims Killed In The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Spiked Cabbage And Blown Glass Among Attractions At Annual Oklahoma City Festival
- Air Force Sergeant Stood In Police Lineup With Timothy McVeigh
Tue March 5, 2013
Don't Discriminate Against Bus Riders: OKC Transit Town Hall
The Oklahoma City metro is used to receiving top rankings in a number of areas, including unemployment, business climate and affordable housing, but there are other areas where the community falls short.
One of those is public transit. Of the top 50 cities in the nation, Oklahoma City is dead last in the quality and sustainability of public transportation.
Last week, nearly 500 people gathered at one in a promised series of town hall meetings from the Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transit on the topic.