Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- New Speaker Of The House Hickman Announces Changes In Leadership
Wed August 28, 2013
Fallin Names Michael McNutt As Press Secretary
Gov. Mary Fallin has named longtime state Capitol reporter Michael McNutt as her press secretary.
McNutt has worked almost 30 years for The Oklahoman, including eight years at the paper's Capitol Bureau. During that time he covered the office of governor, the House of Representatives, various state agencies and a number of political campaigns.
Before moving to the Capitol, McNutt served as The Oklahoman's assistant news editor and assistant city editor. He has also worked in the newspaper's Enid bureau and for newspapers in Enid and Rolla, Mo.
“He is a tenacious reporter who knows the ins and outs of government and he’s passionate about getting that information to the public," Fallin said in an email. "As press secretary, he’ll help to keep the press and public informed about what my office is doing and why. I’m looking forward to him lending his experience and expertise to my staff.”
He begins his new duties on Sept. 6 and will join a press team that includes Communications Director Alex Weintz and Deputy Press Secretary Alex Gerszewski.