Most Active Stories
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Gov. Fallin Criticizes EPA For Cutting Fire Department Vehicle Agreement
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
- Trooper On Paid Leave Pending Investigation Into DUI
Fri January 17, 2014
Fallin Sets Election To Fill Coburn's Senate Seat
Fallin said Friday the election dates will include a June 24 primary, a potential runoff election on Aug. 26, and a general election on Nov. 4.
Coburn already had said he wouldn't run after his term expired in 2016, but announced late Thursday that he planned to finish the current year in office and then step down.
The timing of the election is significant because any statewide elected officeholder or member of the U.S. House who runs for the seat will have to vacate their current post to become a candidate.