Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Co-founder of Chesapeake and SandRidge
Fri October 18, 2013
Former CEO Starts New Energy Company
The former CEO of SandRidge Energy Inc. and co-founder of Chesapeake Energy Corp. has started a new Oklahoma City energy company.
The Oklahoman reports that Tom Ward's new company, Tapstone Energy LLC, has leased space in an office building downtown. Ward says the company has "a handful of employees" and is looking for more employees and oil and gas properties.
Ward says he is funding the new company himself for now, but that he might consider bringing on other investors.
Ward was ousted from Oklahoma City-based SandRidge in June after a months-long proxy fight. Ward received about $50 million when he left the company.
Ward retired in 2006 as Oklahoma City-based Chesapeake's president and chief operating officer. He co-founded the company with former Chesapeake CEO Aubrey McClendon in 1989.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.