Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
- New Speaker Of The House Hickman Announces Changes In Leadership
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
Wed October 23, 2013
Former Governor Henry Testifies At Trial
Former Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry has testified in a former state legislator's felony bribery trial and told jurors he considers the defendant a friend.
Henry testified for about an hour Wednesday during the trial of former Republican state Rep. Randy Terrill. Terrill is charged with offering former state Sen. Debbe Leftwich an $80,000-a-year state job in exchange for Leftwich's promise not to run for re-election in 2010.
Prosecutors allege Terrill masterminded the scheme so that a Republican colleague of Terrill's could seek Leftwich's seat in south Oklahoma City. Both Terrill and Leftwich maintain their innocence.
Henry testified that he considers Terrill a friend and that he had no direct knowledge of a scheme to offer Leftwich a job in exchange for her not running for re-election.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.