Most Active Stories
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Gov. Fallin Criticizes EPA For Cutting Fire Department Vehicle Agreement
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
- Trooper On Paid Leave Pending Investigation Into DUI
Newport Folk Festival
Sun July 28, 2013
Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Live In Concert: Newport Folk 2013
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 2:40 pm
It's not a stretch to call Frank Turner a folksinger, by any means, especially when he performs solo with an acoustic guitar. But he's also a rocker, a punk, a storyteller and an all-around delightful raconteur who sings self-deprecating songs about love, survival, debauchery, revolution and the many ways those topics intersect. Take away his backing players in The Sleeping Souls, and he still radiates the gale-force energy of a full band.
The U.K. singer-songwriter's new album, Tape Deck Heart, is a revelation — a set of perfect fist-in-the-air anthems and warm, smart ballads. Hear Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls perform as part of the 2013 Newport Folk Festival, recorded live on Saturday, July 27 in Newport, R.I.
- "Four Simple Words"
- "If Ever I Stray"
- "Try This At Home"
- "Losing Days"
- "Glory Hallelujah"
- "The Way I Tend To Be"
- "Wessex Boy"
- "Wherefore Art Thou, Gene Simmons?"
- "The Road"
- "Peggy Sang The Blues"
- "I Still Believe"