Most Active Stories
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- Top Business Stories: Bone Museum Expansion, De-Annexing In Shawnee, And Von Maur Arrival
- Norman Residents Hear About Possibilities Of Banning Fracking At Public Forum
- Oklahoma's 'No Child Left Behind' Waiver In Doubt After Rejecting Common Core
- Norman City Council Approves Zoning Change At Proposed Wal-Mart Site
Thu December 26, 2013
Freezing Fog Ices OKC Bridges, Snarling Traffic
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has closed part of Interstate 40 eastbound in Oklahoma City because of multiple accidents and icy conditions.
The highway patrol says it closed I-40 eastbound at the Dallas and Fort Smith junctions because of the accidents and road conditions. A freezing fog advisory is in effect until 10 a.m. Thursday.
The highway patrol says the closure includes the ramps for southbound Interstate 235 and northbound Interstate 35 to eastbound Interstate 40.
There were no immediate reports of injuries with the crashes.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.