Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Thu December 12, 2013
Garfield County To Get New Wind Farm
Plans are underway for a new wind farm in Garfield County.
The Enid News & Eagle reports that TradeWind Energy has filed a permit to build 29 turbines at a wind farm in Breckinridge. A spokeswoman for the company says the wind farm will generate 98.8 megawatts, or enough power for 40,000 Oklahoma homes.
TradeWind also handled the land and permit acquisition for another wind farm near Hunter that opened in September.
The Breckinridge project requires approval from Enid Woodring Regional Airport and Vance Air Force Base. The Department of Defense says the wind farm would have minimal impact on military operations in the area, and the Enid airport is not opposed to the project.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Business and Economy
Xcel Energy In Dewey & Blaine Counties