Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Building new global research center
Mon May 12, 2014
GE And Devon Energy To Collaborate On Technology
GE Oil & Gas has announced a new technology collaboration agreement with Devon Energy Corporation to accelerate the development and testing of oil and gas products in the field.
GE announced Monday it will work with Devon Energy on artificial lift systems used for increasing the flow of liquids from production wells, advanced drilling technologies and water treatment solutions.
The announcement took place at a groundbreaking ceremony for GE's $125 million Global Research Center in Oklahoma City scheduled to open next year. Construction on the more than 100,000-square-foot facility is underway.
Officials say the economic impact on the state and local economies is estimated to be at least $13 million annually. Twenty five new jobs have been created.