Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
- Oklahoma's Chief Justice Warns Judges To Talk To Their Constituents
Fri February 21, 2014
High Risk Pregnancy Center Opening In Oklahoma City
The University of Oklahoma physicians group is scheduled to open a new center for high-risk expectant mothers next week.
The OU Prenatal Diagnostic Center will open Monday in Oklahoma City. It'll be located on the first floor of the Children's Hospital atrium on the OU Health Sciences campus.
With the center's debut, expectant mothers will have access to pediatric surgeons, cardiologists, urologists and neonatologists.
Hospital officials say the center will offer specialized care for each high-risk delivery, and that Children's Hospital operates the only Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit of its kind in Oklahoma.
The center will be staffed by three full-time doctors and support employees.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.