Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Fri February 21, 2014
High Risk Pregnancy Center Opening In Oklahoma City
The University of Oklahoma physicians group is scheduled to open a new center for high-risk expectant mothers next week.
The OU Prenatal Diagnostic Center will open Monday in Oklahoma City. It'll be located on the first floor of the Children's Hospital atrium on the OU Health Sciences campus.
With the center's debut, expectant mothers will have access to pediatric surgeons, cardiologists, urologists and neonatologists.
Hospital officials say the center will offer specialized care for each high-risk delivery, and that Children's Hospital operates the only Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit of its kind in Oklahoma.
The center will be staffed by three full-time doctors and support employees.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.