Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
New Jersery Blogger Complained
Fri October 4, 2013
Hobby Lobby Persuaded To Carry Jewish Merchandise
The president of Hobby Lobby says the chain will start carrying Jewish merchandise in some of its stores after a New Jersey blogger complained about a lack of Hanukkah items.
Steve Green told The Associated Press that the chain is looking at carrying items this holiday season in stores near areas with large Jewish populations. He could not comment on what the items would be.
The change came about after blogger Ken Berwitz said a Hobby Lobby employee told him that the chain doesn't stock Jewish merchandise because the Green family is Christian.
Berwitz and Green talked by phone on Friday. Berwitz said the situation should be "diffused."
The Anti-Defamation League said in a statement that merchandisers have a right to decide which items to include in their inventory.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.