Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Fri September 27, 2013
Johnny Mathis On 'Song Travels'
Originally published on Sat September 28, 2013 3:57 am
Singer Johnny Mathis started out with a string of hits in the 1950s and quickly became a household name. A two-time inductee into the Grammy Hall of Fame, Mathis has one of the most popular albums of all time with Johnny's Greatest Hits, which spent almost 10 years on the Billboard Top Albums chart.
On this episode of Song Travels, Mathis tells host Michael Feinstein about his childhood in San Francisco and the jazz artists who helped him find his way in the music world. He performs "On Such a Night As This" here, as well as "Like Someone in Love" with Feinstein at the keys.