Most Active Stories
- One Dead After Oklahoma Flooding, Tornadoes; Fallin Declares State Of Emergency
- Norman Man Faces Charges For Teaching People How To Beat A Lie Detector
- What Oklahoma Farmers Think About The Right-To-Farm Issue In Oklahoma
- House Introduces Resolution Directing University Of Oklahoma To Return Controversial Painting
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
Sun January 5, 2014
KGOU's FY2013 Financial Audit Complete
During December, KGOU opened our 2013 financial records for the annual external audit. That audit is complete, and I posted the financial report on the KGOU web page.
For fiscal year 2013, total operating income to KGOU decreased one percent from 2012, but private giving in all forms increased about nearly four percent. Private giving now represents 52 percent of KGOU’s budget. Direct support from the University of Oklahoma decreased while in-kind support increased.
Expenses increased in fiscal year 2013, including a full year of expenses for the StateImpact Oklahoma project. The cost of acquiring outside programming also increased, among increases in other areas.
KGOU’s net capital assets decreased about 15 percent because we did not have any capitol projects in fiscal year 2013. Over all, KGOU's unrestricted net position in fiscal year 2013 increased about 17 percent over the previous fiscal year.
There are many more details in the report and I encourage you to take a look. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.