Most Active Stories
- That April Morning: The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Tulsa Reserve Sheriff's Deputy Turns Himself In To Face Manslaughter Charges
- In Southwest Oklahoma, A Farmer Harvests The Wind And Watches The State Capitol
- Gov. Fallin Signs Bill Banning Abortions That Dismember A Fetus
- Attorney General Scott Pruitt Says He Will Protect Citizens Distributing Bibles At Schools
Leftwich Planned To Run Again
Thu October 24, 2013
McAffrey Testifies In Terrill Bribery Trial
Several agency and elected officials are testifying in the trial of a former state legislator accused of bribing a Senate colleague with a job offer.
Two state senators were among those who testified Thursday in the trial of former state Rep. Randy Terrill. The Moore Republican is charged with offering a former Democratic colleague an $80,000-a-year state job in exchange for her withdrawal as a candidate for re-election in 2010. Prosecutors allege Terrill masterminded the scheme so that a Republican colleague of Terrill's could seek the open seat.
Democratic state Sen. Al McAffrey testified Leftwich told him she planned to run for re-election in 2010 and that he helped coordinate a fundraiser for her race the month before she announced she wouldn't seek re-election.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.