Most Active Stories
- Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Urges Native Americans To Debunk Their Own Myths
- Moore Beheading Suspect Has Assault Record
- Fiscal Panelists: Anemic Education Funding May Cost Jobs
- Oklahoma Oil And Gas Regulator Wrestles With Oversight Of Wind Industry
- State Representative John Bennett And CAIR Director Adam Soltani Interviewed By Huffington Post Live
Sat May 25, 2013
Memorial Service on Sunday in Moore
A prayer service entitled, “Oklahoma Strong: Coming Together in Faith,” will be held Sunday, May 26,for the victims of the May tornadoes in Oklahoma. It will be a music and worship service designed to promote healing for the Oklahoma community.
The service will take place at the First Baptist Church in Moore, Oklahoma, located at 301 NE 27th St, Moore, OK. The service begins at 6 PM central.
There is no parking at First Baptist Church. Those who wish to attend the service MUST park at the Crossroads Mall parking lot, located at 7000 Crossroads Blvd, Oklahoma City.
Shuttles will be available, beginning at 4:30 PM, to take members of the public to the service.
First Baptist Church has a capacity of 4,500 people. Seating is first come, first serve. Seating on the ground floor of the church will be reserved for those who were victims of the May tornadoes. Seating for the general public will be in the balcony area and the church fellowship hall.
Overflow seating will be available at the nearby Westmoore High School, located at 12613 S Western Ave, Oklahoma City. Both locations are open to the public.