Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Thu April 3, 2014
Mullin To Seek Re-Election To Eastern Oklahoma District
GOP congressman Markwayne Mullin has announced plans to run for a second term representing the 2nd Congressional District in Oklahoma.
Mullin said Wednesday that he remains determined to "challenge the status quo in Washington, D.C., and fight for our way of life here in Oklahoma."
Mullin was elected in November 2012 to the seat that was vacated by Democrat Dan Boren. The district stretches across 26 eastern Oklahoma counties — from the foothills of the Ozark Mountains in the northeast to the Red River border with Texas in the south.
In a statement, Mullin said he will continue to fight against "career politicians" and bureaucrats.
Professional bass fisherman Darrel Robertson has announced plans to challenge Mullin in the Republican primary.
Reasons For Investigation Not Dislcosed