Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Electricity Will Be Sold To PSO
Fri October 11, 2013
New Wind Farms In The Panhandle
Two companies have announced plans to build new wind farms in the Oklahoma Panhandle.
Both projects were announced Thursday.
The Oklahoman reports that both farms will produce electricity that will be sold to Tulsa-based Public Service Co. of Oklahoma. PSO is a subsidiary of American Electric Power Company Inc. and has about 530,000 customers in eastern and southwestern Oklahoma.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.