Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Tue July 30, 2013
Oil Billionaire Harold Hamm To Lead AG Pruitt’s Re-Election Campaign
Oil billionaire Harold Hamm, the CEO and Chairman of Oklahoma energy giant Continental Resources has been tapped to lead state Attorney General Scott Pruitt’s re-election campaign.
The Associated Press reports:
Pruitt described Hamm as a “dedicated businessman, visionary, and icon here in Oklahoma.”
Hamm is no stranger to politics, and Attorney General Pruitt is a big player in state energy and environmental policy, and he’s played a major role in Oklahoma’s Supreme Court water case and ongoing tribal water dispute.
He also spearheaded lawsuits against the Environmental Protection Agency over federal rules he says encroach on the state’s regulatory authority.