Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Fri November 22, 2013
OKC Thunder Fans Scoring Cash From Half Court Shots
The fans who go see Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder are pretty good shooters, too.
For the second straight game, and the fifth time during the 2013 calendar year, a Thunder fan hit a half-court heave to win $20,000 during a second-quarter promotion sponsored by MidFirst Bank.
Brad Brucker, a 33-year-old business teacher at Piedmont High School, made the midcourt shot Thursday night during the Thunder's 105-91 win over the Los Angeles Clippers. Two days earlier in a game against the Denver Nuggets, fan Cameron Rodriguez won from long range at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Brucker was congratulated by recording stars Beyonce and Jay-Z, who watched from courtside seats next to Durant's family.
Brucker says the experience "didn't feel real."
Durant enjoys seeing fans take the lucky shot. After the win, the Thunder star joked that "we might go broke after these guys, they're hitting every half-court shot."
Will Miss 4-6 Weeks of NBA Season