Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
Wed February 5, 2014
Oklahoma Anti-Abortion Activists Lobby Lawmakers On Rose Day
Hundreds of anti-abortion activists are expected inOklahoma City for the annual Rose Day at the state Capitol.
The event on Wednesday is sponsored by the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. Hundreds of activists typically roam the halls, hand out red roses to lawmakers and urge them to support anti-abortion legislation.
This year's featured speaker is Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. He will address the group about 11:45 a.m. in the House chamber.
Among the abortion-related bills being considered by legislators this year is a ban on embryonic stem cell research. A measure to impose the stem cell ban passed Tuesday in a House committee.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Shots - Health News