Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
Mon March 24, 2014
Oklahoma Congressman Mullin Ethics Update Expected Today
The House Ethics Committee is expected to release an update Monday in its review of Republican Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma.
Ethics Committee chairman Michael Conaway and ranking Democrat Linda Sanchez said in February they had received a referral about Mullin from the Office of Congressional Ethics. The OCE is an outside organization that can refer cases to the House Ethics Committee. The committee has not disclosed the subject of the potential investigation.
Mullin in a statement says he and his wife have owned Mullin Plumbing for 17 years and he expects the House committee to say how involved he can be in it.
A spokeswoman for Mullin earlier said the congressman believes he is in full compliance with all ethics rules.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.
Reasons For Investigation Not Dislcosed
Politics and Government