Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Tourism And agriculture use state's assets
Mon June 2, 2014
Oklahoma To Encourage Tourism Through Wine And Music
Tourism and agriculture officials are hoping to entice visitors to Oklahoma this summer through wine and music.
The Department of Tourism and the Department of Agriculture are launching separate initiatives to showcase the state's musical heritage and wineries through "trails," — itineraries that will take visitors across the state.
"Rhythm & Routes" will showcase various artists and venues in Oklahoma through a section of the Department of Tourism website. Tourism department spokeswoman Leslie Blair says people will be able to use the website to find their favorite artist and develop itineraries based on that person's life. The site launches July 1.
The Oklahoma Wine Trail features 10 different itineraries featuring a handful of wineries grouped together by location to showcase the state's booming wine industry.