Most Active Stories
- Millions Of Pounds Worth Of Tornado Debris: Where Does It All Go?
- Dank: Oklahoma 'Wasted' $4.2M On 'August: Osage County'
- Elementary School Alternative To Land Run Reenactments Offers More Sides Of The Story
- Three Reasons Why American Artists Rarely Painted The Civil War
- Best Wishes To Kurt Gwartney
Tue November 26, 2013
Oklahoma Gas Prices Creep Above $3 Per Gallon
The average price of a gallon of gas in Oklahoma inched above $3 heading into the busy holiday travel week.
AAA Oklahoma says it's the first time since Nov. 4 that unleaded gas averaged more than $3 per gallon in the state. Still, Oklahoma has the second-lowest gas price in the country, only trailing Missouri's average of $2.99 per gallon.
The AAA says the national average price of gas has increased for 14 straight days, jumping 11 cents to an average of $3.29 per gallon on Tuesday.
In Oklahoma, gas prices remain below $3 a gallon in Ardmore, Bartlesville, Lawton, McAlester, Muskogee, Shawnee and Tulsa. Guymon reported the highest cost among the cities in the state, at $3.19 per gallon.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.