Most Active Stories
- Author Esmeralda Santiago Finds Identity Through Art
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice To Oklahoma Audience: 'There Is Value To Failure'
- Tribal And Food Sovereignty Subjects Of Two Conferences This Week In Okmulgee
- Moore's Rush To Rebuild Left Hundreds Of Homes With A Lesser Building Code
- VIDEO: Mick Cornett Describes Oklahoma City's Vibrancy On 'Meet The Press'
Here & Now
Thu September 12, 2013
Oklahoma Public Schools Still Struggling To Recover From Recession
The report analyzed inflation-adjusted figures from Fiscal Year 2008 to 2014, and finds Oklahoma is spending nearly 23 percent less per child on schools than five years ago.
The report indicates that public schools haven’t recovered from the recession, which ended in 2009.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.