Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Here & Now
Thu September 12, 2013
Oklahoma Public Schools Still Struggling To Recover From Recession
The report analyzed inflation-adjusted figures from Fiscal Year 2008 to 2014, and finds Oklahoma is spending nearly 23 percent less per child on schools than five years ago.
The report indicates that public schools haven’t recovered from the recession, which ended in 2009.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.