Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
- Oklahoma's Chief Justice Warns Judges To Talk To Their Constituents
Wed February 12, 2014
One Down: Brogdon Dissolves Governor's Race Corporation
A candidate for Oklahoma governor who once said the state needed a militia to protect itself from the federal government has dissolved a corporation set up to support his campaign.
The Secretary of State's office said Wednesday that "Randy Brogdon for Governor 2014 Inc." had been dissolved less than two months after being set up.
Brogdon's campaign website has also changed to remove references to a race for governor. On one page Wednesday, correspondence was directed to a Tulsa address labeled "Brogdon for U.S. Senate."
Oklahoma will have two U.S. Senate elections this year — a special election for the final two years of Tom Coburn's term and a six-year term for the seat currently held by Sen. Jim Inhofe.