Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Fri December 6, 2013
OSU Bans E-Cigarettes
The Oklahoma State University/A&M Board of Regents has approved a ban on electronic cigarettes and other smoking devices on the Stillwater campus.
The board voted Friday during a meeting in Langston to immediately ban e-cigarettes, hookahs, vapor devices and clove cigarettes until more research on their safety is completed.
The OSU Student Government Association and other groups support the ban.
State health officials have favored a ban on e-cigarettes — saying they aren't regulated and are increasingly used by teenagers.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.