Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Sun April 7, 2013
The Past, Present and Future
Bob Dylan: There is nothing so stable as change.
March 31, 2013
This is from the Manager’s Desk. When I celebrate an anniversary, I am nostalgic about the past, and I take pleasure in the present, but I really like thinking about the future.
We have been asking you to remember some of the good times of the past, and that will continue. I hope to have a future feature that looks at some of the photographs of staff members from the past.
As for the present, life is good because KGOU is strong. But like many of you, we heard just a few days ago about NPR’s plans to end the long running program, Talk of the Nation. We have only had time to digest this news, and we have not yet decided how we will adjust the program schedule for next July first.
While change is always with us, the future still shines bright for KGOU. The reason why is listener support. The spring membership drive is coming soon, and we will again ask you to invest in the future of KGOU. You are the future of KGOU.
Thanks! From the Manager’s Desk, I’m Karen Holp.