Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Mon November 11, 2013
Perry Inhofe, Son Of Sen. Inhofe Dies In Weekend Plane Crash
The U.S. Secretary of Defense has confirmed the death of U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe's son, 52-year-old Dr. Perry Inhofe, who was killed in a weekend plane crash in northeast Oklahoma.
Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, says Monday night that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel "was informed of Sen. Inhofe's son's death."
Perry Inhofe was an orthopedic surgeon for Central States Orthopedics in Tulsa. According to the clinic's website, he graduated from Duke University in 1984 before attending medical school at Washington University in St. Louis.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the multiengine plane was about 5 miles north of Tulsa International Airport when it crashed shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday. The plane took off from Salina, Kan.
The married father lived in Tulsa.
Syrian Civil War