Most Active Stories
- Dank: Oklahoma 'Wasted' $4.2M On 'August: Osage County'
- Best Wishes To Kurt Gwartney
- Send In Your Photos: Oklahoma Tornado Project To Host Photo Exhibit On May 2013 Storms
- Elementary School Alternative To Land Run Reenactments Offers More Sides Of The Story
- How Abraham Lincoln Used 701 Words To "Bind Up The Nation's Wounds"
Thu December 5, 2013
Prescription Discounts Available For Some Needy Oklahomans
Cards that provide a discount on prescription medications for the needy in Oklahoma will be offered through a partnership with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
The food bank announced the partnership with Watertree Health in which every person served by the food bank will be given a free Regional Food Bank Prescription card.
Food bank officials say the card is good for discounts on both brand name and generic prescriptions and is accepted at a variety of outlets and pharmacies that fill prescriptions.
Food bank director Rodney Bivens said in a news release that Oklahoma ranks fifth among the states in the highest number of uninsured residents and is in the top 10 states in the number of people without enough to eat.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
5th Highest Mortality Rate In Country