Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Sun November 10, 2013
Public Forum on School Shelters
Nov. 10, 2013 / UPDATED Nov. 15
This is from the Manager’s Desk.
This week, I am inviting you to a public forum on public school safe rooms.
KGOU and The Oklahoma Tornado Project will host this public forum titled, "Who Should Pay for School Shelters?" It will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at the Moore-Norman Technology Center's south Oklahoma City campus, 13301 S. Penn. The panel discussion begins at 7 p.m. and will be moderated by KGOU News Director Kurt Gwartney.
Confirmed panelists include state Rep. Joe Dorman of Rush Springs who is an advocate behind an initiative petition to put a state funding mechanism for shelters to a statewide vote, and state Rep. Mark McBride of Moore who has voiced opposition to using state monies for this purpose. Others may join the panel -- check our community calendar listing for updates.
11/14/13 UPDATE: Rep. Mark McBride has canceled his appearance due to a scheduling conflict.
11/15/13 UPDATE: Additional panelists confirmed: Harold Brooks with NOAA and Joe Wertz, reporter for StateImpact Oklahoma and one of the first reporters on the scene after the storm.
That’s Tuesday, November 19th, at 7pm, at the Moore-Norman Technology Center on South Penn.
Thanks! From the Manager’s Desk, I’m Karen Holp.
Oklahoma Tornado Project
Ahead of the Storm