Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Operations Begin In 2015
Wed October 2, 2013
Rolls-Royce Bringing New Business To Tinker Air Force Base
Global power systems provider Rolls-Royce plans to open a new engine depot services facility at Tinker Air Force Base to support the Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle fleet.
The London-based company said Wednesday that the facility will be the first for Rolls-Royce at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex. The company has received a $49 million contract to establish the new facility, which is expected to begin operations in 2015.
Paul Craig, president of Rolls-Royce's defense services, says the new facility will permit the company to deliver the latest advances in support, tooling and design at the heart of its customer's operation.
The service facility will be created in an existing building and include new support equipment, tooling, work stations, assembly platforms and modification of an existing test cell.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.