Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Wed August 6, 2014
Seeking Re-election, Mary Fallin Releases New Ad
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin's re-election campaign has released a new television ad that focuses on her policies of economic growth and opposing federal policies she believes are harmful.
The Republican governor's campaign released the ad — titled "Our Governor" — on Wednesday. The ad will appear on broadcast and cable TV across the state and shows her talking to Oklahomans while highlighting her record.
The ad was released a day after Fallin's Democratic opponent in the Nov. 4 general election, term-limited state Rep. Joe Dorman of Rush Springs, released his first ad of the campaign. The ad focuses on public education and accuses the GOP incumbent of failing Oklahoma's public schools.
A spokesman for Dorman's campaign, Alex Kaplan, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Fallin's ad.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Campaign Heating Up
Fallin Out-Fundraising Primary Opponents