Most Active Stories
- Happy Birthday To Amazon, And Its Data Mining
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
- Why Oklahoma’s Wind Energy Future Could Be Shaped By Osage County
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
Thu July 25, 2013
Senators Move To Restrict Federal Conferences
Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma has joined four other Republican senators in offering a bill intended to reduce government-sponsored conferences.
The bill would reduce travel expenses and reduce overall spending on the conferences.
Among other things, the bill prohibits agencies from paying travel expenses for more than 50 employees for any conference outside the United States unless the US Secretary of State certifies that the conference is in the national interest. It would also prohibit an agency from spending more than $500,000 on any single conference.
Other sponsors of the proposal are Republican Sens. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire; Jeffrey Chiesa of New Jersey; Mike Enzi of Wyoming; and John McCain of Arizona.
Student Loan Interest Rates