Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Thu July 25, 2013
Senators Move To Restrict Federal Conferences
Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma has joined four other Republican senators in offering a bill intended to reduce government-sponsored conferences.
The bill would reduce travel expenses and reduce overall spending on the conferences.
Among other things, the bill prohibits agencies from paying travel expenses for more than 50 employees for any conference outside the United States unless the US Secretary of State certifies that the conference is in the national interest. It would also prohibit an agency from spending more than $500,000 on any single conference.
Other sponsors of the proposal are Republican Sens. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire; Jeffrey Chiesa of New Jersey; Mike Enzi of Wyoming; and John McCain of Arizona.
Student Loan Interest Rates