Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Wed February 12, 2014
SLIDESHOW: Pro-Marijuana Group Wants Option To Toke In Oklahoma
Emboldened by the legalization of marijuana in two states, hundreds of marijuana advocates held a rally at the state Capitol to call for fewer restrictions on pot smoking in Oklahoma.
Two separate pro-marijuana groups held events at the Capitol on Wednesday. One is supporting the use of medicinal marijuana, while the other is pushing for full-scale legalization of cannabis.
Wednesday's rallies were packed with marijuana supporters who applauded Johnson's arrival in the chamber.
Oklahoma has some of the strictest drug laws in the country. A second offense of simply possessing marijuana is a felony crime punishable by prison time.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
It's All Politics
Drugs And Narcotics
Shots - Health News