Most Active Stories
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Gov. Fallin Criticizes EPA For Cutting Fire Department Vehicle Agreement
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
- Trooper On Paid Leave Pending Investigation Into DUI
Wed February 12, 2014
SLIDESHOW: Pro-Marijuana Group Wants Option To Toke In Oklahoma
Emboldened by the legalization of marijuana in two states, hundreds of marijuana advocates held a rally at the state Capitol to call for fewer restrictions on pot smoking in Oklahoma.
Two separate pro-marijuana groups held events at the Capitol on Wednesday. One is supporting the use of medicinal marijuana, while the other is pushing for full-scale legalization of cannabis.
Wednesday's rallies were packed with marijuana supporters who applauded Johnson's arrival in the chamber.
Oklahoma has some of the strictest drug laws in the country. A second offense of simply possessing marijuana is a felony crime punishable by prison time.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
It's All Politics
Drugs And Narcotics
Shots - Health News