Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- New Speaker Of The House Hickman Announces Changes In Leadership
Sun October 6, 2013
Sound Programming Needs Solid Listener Support
October 6, 2013
This is from the Manager’s Desk.
In preparation for the membership drive, I’ve been looking at the costs of the various programs on KGOU.
Of course, the morning, noon and evening week day programs are the most expensive – both to acquire from NPR and to add the local news and information. But the three together – Morning Edition, Here and Now and All Things Considered add up to about $20,000 per week.
The entire rest of the schedule adds up to about $8,000 per week. And we all know there are a lot great shows in there that you love.
That is why our twice annual membership drives are so important. Of course, we like to have a little fun, but the aim is very serious. The sound reporting, the excellent conversations, the community information, the great music – all of it needs listener support.
Private support is 63 percent of our budget this year. Please do your part. Pledge now at KGOU.org.
And this week we have a second report --
Thanks. From the Manager’s Desk, I’m Karen Holp.