Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Wed October 23, 2013
StateImpact On OETA: Oklahoma Wind Farms And Weather Radar
StateImpact reporter Joe Wertz was a guest on OETA’s Oklahoma News Report last week to discuss his report on how wind farms interfere with weather radar.
Wertz and host Dick Pryor talked about the phenomenon, which is worrying forecasters and weather researchers as the wind industry grows in Oklahoma and other wind-rich states.
The episode first aired on Oct. 18. StateImpact’s segment is embedded above.
StateImpact Oklahoma is a partnership among Oklahoma’s public radio stations and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online.